New Gallery To OpenWritten by Lorcan
On Easter Saturday, 7th April, the doors of the salamander art studio will open to the public for the first time. This is a new venture for local artist, Sarah Williams and Clare stained glass artist, Sioban Fawl.
Sioban has been working and creating with stained glass for over 12 years. Her latest range of stained glass on exhibition has really been influenced by living on the Dingle Peninsula. She has been exploring new and creative ways of working with stained glass as an art form. Combining it's unique qualities, colour and texture, to create original and beautiful art works.
Both artists have achieved a common goal, that is, to create art that is affordable to all. They are both very excited about this new business and artistic adventure and are so delighted and thrilled to have RTE's Miriam O' Callaghan there on the day to open the studio.
Doors open from 3-6 pm on Easter Saturday 7th April, with the official opening at 4 pm.
The studio is located, in Cahertrant, one and half miles past Ventry village on the Slea Head Road, after Paidi Ó Sé's pub. Look out for signs. All are welcome. Free entry and light refreshments served
Latest from Lorcan
- The Geological Heritage of West Kerry Kilmurry Bay: Egg-shaped boulders and fossil sand-dunes. - Patrick Wyse Jackson
- Maritime Dingle 1914 - Dan Graham
- West Kerry Archaeology: Souterrains / Uaimh Talúin - Isabel Bennett
- The Billy Riordan Memorial Trust. Ten years on…
- Out of Control Truck Crashes on Green Street